Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Came Early...

... and right in time for Thanksgiving.

Neither one of us is big on surprises, so when it comes time for gift giving we usually just tell each other what we want or agree to get one big awesome thing we can both enjoy. We did the latter this year.

I had been stalking Amazon for a couple of weeks after I found this beauty on Rue La La for about $250 w/ shipping. I became obsessed.

KitchenAid KSM500PSWH Pro 500 Series 10-Speed 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White
KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer
After a little research I decided to skip the Pro 500 series and set my eyes on the Professional 600 series in Empire Red. I figured with the holidays nearing it was bound to go on sale so I carefully placed it in my Amazon shopping cart and continued to stalk Rue La La, Gilt Groupe, and One King's Lane on a daily basis. About a week later the clouds parted and the skies opened up. The stand mixer I wanted dropped from $380 to $275. I proceeded through the Amazon checkout process faster than you can say Amazon checkout process.

KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Empire Red

We've already used her twice! He used her to make zucchini bread (which is delicious by the way) and I used her to make garlic mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. She works like a beaut!

<3I'm in love<3

A quick note on Amazon stalking: In case you didn't already know this... you add an item to your shopping cart and just leave it there and each time you return to your shopping cart Amazon will tell you if the price has changed. It looks something like this:

Courtesy of GetElastic.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment