I hung these bad boys in the master bedroom right by the master bathroom. The intention is that random clothes that get thrown on the floor will get hung up instead. A girl can only hope.
Here's an action shot of our robes and hats hanging out.
A couple close up's of the knobs I used.
And a side profile just for kicks.
3 cabinet doors ( from Ikea)
white semi-gloss paint
6 knobs (from Michael's)
drill with bits
Ignore the huge "E" and "G" letters. That idea didn't work out.
I started off by giving each cabinet door about 6 coats of paint. The painters pryramids mentioned above are the absolute best thing ever invented. Hands down. I suggest every one should invest in some! But watching paint dry for hours not so much fun. After it dried I drilled pilot holes for my knobs and screwed in some D-ring hangers onto the back each door. Then I Mod Podged the wrapping paper onto the front. After they were dry I screwed in the knobs and hung them up.
MOD PODGE TIP
The wrapping paper kept wrinkling all over the door, but then I found out the trick to getting it on without wrinkles. Too bad I figured it out on the third cabinet door. The trick is to apply the Mod Podge to the paper and then let it dry for like a minute until it's tacky to touch - NOT wet. Then you just lay it down and flatten it out. You should now have little to no wrinkles!
See, no wrinkles!
3 cabinet doors from Ikea = $5
Wrapping paper (Hobby Lobby) = $5
6 knobs (Michael's) = $5 (used coupon and got them for 80cents each)
6 d-ring hangers = $4
semi-gloss white paint = already had
Mod Podge = already had
TOTAL COST = $19